Joyce Banda is the president of Malawi. Unlike other presidents (not just in Africa), she’s actually instituting change - kicking ass and taking names.
In the few short months shes been President she:
1. repealed the anti-homosexual laws
2. Sold off $10 million worth of cars used by the former president and his posse.
3. refused to host the president of the Sudan, wanted by the ICC for war crimes, and thus gave up hosting the African Union Summit.
4. devalued Malawi’s currency, the kwacha, by one third against the dollar - a move her predecessot resisted, despite demands from the IMF.
5. introduced a floating exchange rate regime and lifted controls on currency trading.
6. won an IMF loan for $157 million for Malawi