Word on the Media Street is that Joy Behar is getting her own show on Al Gore’s Current TV. It’s going to be announced as soon as tomorrow. She left HLN last year (with decent ratings) after she was told by execs to do all crime all the time - and didn’t feel as if she could do the show she wanted. Now if only I could find Current on my clicker…
So that is the LAST time I post anything on a sunny Saturday after a bottle or three of Rose.. for chrissakes - Anderson Coopers PR person has emailed to ask “That photo you posted that appears to be Anderson is a fake. Below is the original, posted on Gawker. Can I ask you to at least say it’s a photoshopped picture?”
well. here you go.
Then he emailed to say: And has been known as fake for at least 2 months.
So. there you go. (I JUST POSTED THE PIC WITH FUNNY COMMENTS - I mean, really, who keeps his socks on?)
Joyce Banda is the president of Malawi. Unlike other presidents (not just in Africa), she’s actually instituting change - kicking ass and taking names.
In the few short months shes been President she:
1. repealed the anti-homosexual laws
2. Sold off $10 million worth of cars used by the former president and his posse.
3. refused to host the president of the Sudan, wanted by the ICC for war crimes, and thus gave up hosting the African Union Summit.
4. devalued Malawi’s currency, the kwacha, by one third against the dollar - a move her predecessot resisted, despite demands from the IMF.
5. introduced a floating exchange rate regime and lifted controls on currency trading.
6. won an IMF loan for $157 million for Malawi
1. Jeff Zucker seems to be up for a lot of jobs these days (not to mention putting himself out in the media for interviews on Conan, etc). Source: Jeff Zucker? Is the Zuck not happy with Katie or ABC? (you know you’ve heard those rumors too!)
2. Ann Curry nowhere to be found in Today show Jubilee coverage - they bring back Meredith Viera to host - and rumors of Curry being “unhappy” float. Countdown to Curry’s exit is ON.
3. Barbara Walters will do ANYTHING for an interview - earlier this year told Obama she was retiring (a lie) to get him to chat w her - now shes trying to get Assad’s aide a job. (Because she wants to Asma Assad interview).
4. CNN is doing a lot of hiring to try and stem the tide - Tony Bourdain, New Yorker’s Ryan Lizza… notice something? NO WOMEN. Time Warner’s anti-ladyflower culture charges ahead - I mean shizz, Christiane Amanpour had to leave the damned network to get her own show. They got Christiane (who can do no wrong), Candy (good) and Erin Burnett (ummm…). its like 5 dudes to every women.
5. Rosanne is getting a talk show on Fox, Giada DelAurentis and Bobby Flay are getting a talk show on CBS - bringing total number of talkshows to 1 million